Launch Date: March 1, 2019
Do you sense God’s call to be “salt and light” in higher education? Do you want your professional development to include being a Christian scholar?
Join the Society of Christian Scholars and be equipped to fulfil your calling.
The Society of Christian Scholars is a global community of, by, and for missional Christian scholars:
- Missional: committed to and engaged in God’s mission of seeing all things redeemed (Genesis 1:28, 2:15, Jeremiah 29:5-7, Matthew 28:18-20)
- Christian: a follower of Jesus Christ and growing in Christian maturity (Romans 10:13, James 2:14)
- Scholars: called to the learned life and fulfilling this calling within higher education or similar professional contexts
The Society of Christian Scholars equips you to:
- Grow in Christlikeness through spiritual formation in the academic setting
- Exhibit excellence in research, pedagogy, and administration
- Think Christianly about all research issues and agendas
- Adapt successfully to the uniqueness of one’s ethnic and institutional culture
- Communicate the gospel effectively and help others grow in their faith
- Collaborate with other Christian scholars locally and globally
By God’s grace, this results in human flourishing and the common good.
Preregister to be notified by email when the Society of Christian Scholars launches in early 2019. Preregistration is free and carries no obligation to become a member.
*Requirements: Members must be academic staff of a tertiary institution that does not require students to adhere to a faith statement. Membership is also open to academics serving in non-institutional contexts (think tanks, private industry, etc.) or retired from any of the above.
*The Society of Christian Scholars is working to provide these benefits at launch; unforeseen factors may change the final list of benefits.
Members will have full control of what and how much personal information is shared with other members. Personal information will not be made available to any person or entity outside the Society of Christian Scholars.
While we are striving for a multilingual site, most resources are in English and is our operational language.
|Full Members: $15-195 USD annually*||Associate Members: $10-140 USD annually*||Student Members: $20 USD annually**||Friends of the Society: $30 USD annually***|
|Seminars and Conferences||✔||✔|
|Resource Library||✔ (access and post)||✔ (access and post)||✔ (access only)||✔ (access only)|
|Curricula||✔ (access and post)||✔ (access and post)||✔ (access only)||✔ (access only)|
|Online Discussions||✔(access and post)||✔ (access and post)||✔ (access only)||✔ (access only)|
Full and Associate MembersCurrent or retired academic staff of a tertiary institution and others influencing higher education
**Anyone pursuing an academic degree but not yet in an academic post. Graduate students also serving in teaching or research positions may join as Associate or Full Members.
Friends of the Society
Anyone supporting or encouraging missional Christian scholars (pastors, campus ministers, etc.)
***Your annual membership fee helps provide scholarships and other benefits for Society members. We ask you to consider a gift beyond the $30 USD minimum.
Preregister to be notified by email when the Society of Christian Scholars launches in early 2019.
Preregistration is free and carries no obligation to become a member.
Free book for all Members and Friends (when the Society of Christian Scholars launches)
The Outrageous Idea Of The Missional Professor
Edited by a team of scholars from around the world, the outrageous idea of this book is that God wants to use Christian professors as professors to reach others (students, colleagues, and administrators). It illustrates how Christian professors can play a crucial role in transforming the academy and their respective disciplines and in meeting the needs of the world.
Joel Huegel, PhD
- (Mechanical Engineering, Rice University; MSME from University of Washington)
- Tenured Professor/Researcher at Tecnológico de Monterrey in Mexico and Visiting Researcher at MIT Media Lab
Li Ma, PhD
- (Sociology, Cornell University)
- Senior Research Fellow at the Henry Institute for the Study of Christianity and Politics at Calvin College
Ahmed Dooguy KORA, PhD
- (Telecommunications, Université de Limoges)
- Associate Professor of Telecommunications at École Supérieure Multinationale de Télécommunications; Committee Chairmen for "Engaging the University" IFES Francophone Africa
Martine Audéoud, PhD
- (Social Sciences, Bernelli University)
- Academic Dean at Bakke Graduate University
Osam Edim Temple, PhD
- (Philosophy, University of Ibadan)
- Professor of Philosophy at the American University of Nigeria and Special Advisor to the Honourable Minister of Niger Delta Affairs
Živilė Sederevičiūtė-Pačiauskienė, PhD
- (Biomedical Sciences, Institute of Ecology and Lithuania University of Educational Sciences)
- Dean of the Faculty of Creative Industries and Associate Professor at Vilnius Gediminas Technical University
D. Keith Campbell, PhD
- (New Testament, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary)
- Global Partnerships Vice President, Global Scholars
- United States
The Society of Christian Scholars benefits from your feedback. If you have any questions or comments please contact us!